Saturday, January 30, 2010

I love art, but I rarely have such a visceral reaction to a piece as I did with this. I was drawn to his work of the written word and J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, but shortly saw this piece. It is like Mr. Lynch looked inside the tenderest parts of my soul, painted what he saw there so that I didn't have to feel it anymore. I don't know what his personal reality was that created this piece, but it hardly matters. The vulnerability and raw soul of this piece will forever haunt me. My own spirit, ragged in the little corners, emerged to meet in kind. Baring his soul so completely allows me to let go of a few of the most difficult moments of my life, making it just a little easier to be me. Bravo.
www.johnflynch.etsy.com and www.jflynch.com
Accurate Portrait
If you have time, you should visit his website. It is as well-thought-out as any work of art and gives incredible insight into his process. I have rarely encountered such a well-defined and consistent body of work. I wish I were independently wealthy...I would be his number one collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics